Faculty Senate Meeting
13 April 2016, 1:45pm
Meeting Convened at 1:50pm
Senators present: Chris Bystroff, Dan Lewis, John Tichy, Jonas Braasch, Amir Hirsa, Diana Borca-Tasciuc, Katya Haskins, Audrey Bennett, Atsushi Akera, Lois Peters, and Antoinette Maniatty
Quorum established; 11 voting senators present.
Resolution on Student Union
Welcome by President of Senate
- President Maniatty convened the Faulty Senate Meeting and noted that quorum was achieved
Reading of Resolution
- President Maniatty read the draft resolution.
- President Maniatty also read the email from Provost Hajela in response to the Faculty Senate consideration of this resolution
- Minor edits to the last paragraph were suggested and made
- Diana Borca-Tasciuc raised questions regarding the recommendation in the resolution not to move forward with the creation and hiring of an Executive Director; discussion followed
- Atsushi Akera called the question; Senators voted 9-1 in favor of closing discussion. (Senate President does not vote except to break a tie.)
- Pres. Maniatty called for a vote;
- Resolution passes unanimously.
Motion to adjourn; accepted by general acclaim
Meeting adjourned at 2:03pm
(Approved at 5/12/16 Senate meeting)